Sunday, August 25, 2013

School Starts Tomorrow!

Hey everyone!

"Meet the Teacher" was Thursday night and was a success for sure! My little ones were so cute and excited about school! I can't believe I didn't take any pictures. I went up early this morning to tidy up and put school supplies away, so I took a few pictures of specific things that I wanted to share with you guys. 

Outside of our classroom I hung letters that my kids from last year colored for open house. It says "Welcome to our Class." My mom made that awesome stained glass window out of tissue paper my first year. It's lasted all this time! 

                 Here's a pic from the front door. 

I spray painted these plastic drawers this summer and cleaned them up a bit. I plan on using them to differentiate for kiddos when they've finished their assignments (specific games or activities for each student). I would love to hear feedback from anyone that uses these drawers for the same thing! 


The literacy center tubs are ready to go! Got the tubs from Mardel and the Title Pages from Amy Terhune on TPT!


I usually write what the cafeteria is serving for lunch on the neon black board. I got those adorable rules for free off of TPT and if I knew how to attach a link, I swear I would. 


I'm so excited about these home depot seat sacks!!! I bought these aprons from home depot and they will fit a composition notebook and a pencil bag perfectly. I used scrapbook paper and calendar numbers to cover the home depot logo. My mom sewed them onto the aprons. I planned on using velcro, but Suzie (my mom) insisted that sewing them would work better! Love her!


I made the "Reading" Banner out of scrapbook paper. It's new. :) 

This is how we do lunch count in our classroom. The choices have magnets on the back and I attach them to the lockers. Every kiddo has a numbered robot with a magnet on the back. They make their choice by putting their magnet under what they want for lunch. 

I use a kidney table for Guided reading and for my desk. 




This is where I display Student Work. I used glittery scrapbook paper and clothes pins. Above it, it says "Our Work is out of this World."

I write our objectives (TEKS in Texas) on the dry erase board at the front of the room. It just makes it easier for me to change them out. 

I Got this jobs idea off of pinterest last year and I love it! It worked awesome last year. I used scrapbook paper, avery labels, and clothes pins.  

Well, I guess that's it for now. Willie bug and I spent our last day of  "real" summer at our neighborhood pool swimming. Summer in Texas lasts until Mid-October, so I doubt this is the last time we'll be going to the pool. I am going to miss lounging around with this guy though for sure! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful first day of school!  

Thanks for stopping by- Allie


No comments:

Post a Comment